In the voestalpine Group, environmental protection begins with the production facilities, where we strive to make use of the best available technologies, undertake intensive research in order to develop environmentally friendly steel production processes and products, implement measures to increase efficiency, reduce emissions, achieve energy savings, and—last but not least—facilitate transparent and efficient environmental management.
At all of our production locations, we are committed to the following principles:
- Holistic responsibility for our products
- Optimization of production processes
- Establishment of environmental management systems
- Integration of employees into the process by ensuring that each individual behaves in an environmentally responsible way
- Open and objective dialogue
Due to its consistent efforts, voestalpine has a leading position within the European steel industry, for example, with regard to emissions intensity and resource efficiency. Many innovative processes were developed in the company or jointly with industrial partners and used for the first time worldwide at voestalpine.